29 April 2009

Dessert Wednesday

ALERT: This post is not about Lincoln. I know it's been awhile.

Lately I have really been in the mood to cook. I have been experimenting quite a bit with new recipes and finding all sorts of awesome blogs and books to help me expand my culinary repertoire.

Because it is so easy to get in a rut in the kitchen, a few weeks ago I instituted "Dessert Wednesday." I think the name really says it all, but every Wednesday I make a new dessert. So far, I've been pretty successful in my endeavors. I've made a few types of cookies, some cheesecake bars and brownies, and today I made a "Dutch Baby." I had never heard of a Dutch Baby before, but I had all the ingredients, so I decided to give it a try and it came out pretty well. Here a few of my other creations:


(I'm also trying to figure out how to get good pictures of food. It's harder than you might think.) Overall, I think Dessert Wednesday has been pretty successful up to this point... I know Jonathan enjoys it, at least, and I'm sure I will post more about the desserts I make in the near future.

Oh, who am I kidding? Here's a picture of Lincoln. ;)


1 comment:

mattyanddeidre said...

Lincoln is getting so big, I can't believe it! He is so cute! Oh and your desserts look delicious. I might have to try doing something like that!