27 February 2011

The Best Two Years

I can hardly believe it, but we celebrated Lincoln’s second birthday yesterday! He’s really into airplanes right now, so we had an airplane birthday, complete with airplane cake and foam gliders hanging from the ceiling.

Here are some pictures of his cake:

                                                DSC_2180DSC_2187 DSC_2184

                                                                      DSC_2197 DSC_2200

I searched high and low for an airplane cake that did not have the wings resting on the cake platter. I finally found this one on Parenting.com and I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. The engines are kid sized ice cream cones stuffed with marshmallows and the windows are rolled out airheads.

Here are a few pictures of Lincoln enjoying his presents. He is so excited to have so many airplanes to play with now!

                                                 DSC_2230 DSC_2264 DSC_2234

Lincoln thought he loved his new Bump-n-Go Air Force One before, but discovered he really loves it now that Jonathan put the batteries in!

                                                       DSC_2276 DSC_2306 DSC_2281

                                                                      DSC_2311 DSC_2315

People always tell young parents to enjoy their children because they grow up so quickly. Before we had Lincoln I just thought that was a silly cliché, but I am learning more and more that it is really true. The past two years have gone so fast, but they really have been the best two years of my life. Happy birthday, Lincoln!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Cute pictures! It is so cute to see how much he loves his airplanes! I am still so impressed with the birthday cake! I am pretty sure I could never construct a cake that looked half as good as yours!

Lindsey Hicks said...

That cake was terrific. Time really has gone by fast. It is amazing what these little kids accomplish in such a short time.

Amy said...

darling cake! I am way impressed with how well it turned out. and happy birthday to lincoln

Dan Crossen said...

Wow, Lincoln has grown so much!