19 February 2014

Conan turns 2

Conan celebrated a birthday last week. It didn’t exactly turn out how I envisioned it, but I think Conan had a great time and that’s all that matters. We were planning on having a “Pancake Play Date” on the morning of his birthday because he requested a pancake party. Unfortunately he came down with a nasty cold a few days before and our play date had to be cancelled.

We did sneak in a trip to Toys R Us, which is always a big hit around here. They gave the birthday boy a crown that he wore for the sake of this picture and a balloon that his brother popped before we left the store.

photo (5)

I finished frosting his cupcakes when we got home and offered the whisk to Conan. He was unsure at first, but once he got a taste of the whipped cream he decided licking the whisk might be a good idea after all.

photo 2

I made Blueberry Pancake cupcakes (for his pancake party) instead of a regular cake. They tasted more like a muffin then a cupcake to me, but they were still pretty good. Also, I love the photoshopping opportunities that are provided by birthdays! (The cupcake topper is supposed to look like the I Hop logo).

DSC_0301

Lincoln took some pictures while we waited for Daddy to get home with our dinner. Conan looks like he’s sick in that picture.

DSC_0305DSC_0308

Conan asked me to sing “Happy Birthday To You” throughout the day on his birthday. He loves it when his name is in a song.

DSC_0316DSC_0327

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the cupcake topper! And how is he 2 already? I remember when he was born!

Lindsey Hicks said...

Even before I read the text I recognized the cupcake label as the IHOP logo. Well done! So sorry Conan was sick on his own birthday but looks like he had fun anyway:)