29 December 2010

Decorating Cookies and Christmas Morning

We had a wonderful Christmas at home this year! On Christmas Eve we decorated sugar cookies as a family. I think this was probably one of Lincoln’s favorite Christmas activities, only because he was able to sneak who-knows-how-many M&M’s and was given many a-cookie to snack on.

                                                                                        DSC_0769 DSC_0772 DSC_0774 

                                                                                            DSC_0793DSC_0784 

I wanted to try my hand at some fancier cookie decorating. It was harder then it looks and it was a huge pain to make a bunch of different colors. Also, it was something I probably need to do without Lincoln. Nevertheless, I think I will try again soon.

DSC_0807

Here’s Lincoln’s best cookie. Jonathan did help some of course.

DSC_0810

When I was little, I loved making these cookies with my Grandma. A few years ago she sent me the recipe book they came from, so that I can continue to make them. She passed away earlier this month, so this was a special activity for me. I miss her a lot, so I am happy I can continue the tradition we started together with Lincoln.

Lincoln must have been an exceptionally good boy this year, because Santa Claus brought him some pretty sweet toys. As a matter of fact, his toys were so cool, he could hardly be persuaded to open his next gift, he just wanted to play with the one he had already opened. As a result, Jonathan and I ended up opening a lot of his presents, but it was sweet that he was so excited.

                                                                                      DSC_0822DSC_0818 DSC_0831

“No, Dad, I don’t want to open these other presents. I want to play with this awesome bulldozer!”

                                                           DSC_0837DSC_0858 DSC_0840 

 DSC_0883

The after-mess.

                                                                                                DSC_0885 DSC_0913

Jonathan and I made Christmas dinner together in the afternoon (and made a 100% successful turkey, might I add) and we will be eating left-overs for weeks to come. Lincoln played his heart out and ate way too many sweets. It was a very merry Christmas.

4 comments:

Tahri and Kehau said...

Tale was the same way with his presents!! Glad you guys had a good Christmas!!!

Julie said...

Tucker was the same too :) haha. We sure miss you guys! Looks like a way fun Christmas! I love your cookies and I'm proud of you for making. Turkey!!

Lindsey Hicks said...

Those are super cute PJs

Tiffany said...

Need the details about the turkey.