28 June 2013

Lavender, it’s not just for girls… well it sort of is

We were invited to go out to the country with some friends last week and had a really lovely day. I was worried I couldn’t get my boys and I ready and out the door by 8:30 am, and I was right, but we did make it out the door by about 8:40, so I’m calling it a win. We stopped first at the Red Truck Bakery in Warrenton for some treats. Everything we tried was delightful and we can’t wait to go back.

IMG_2075edit

Then we headed to a lavender farm. This wasn’t, perhaps, the most manly activity, but I love lavender and  we got to pet bunnies, play in a cool playhouse, and hang out with friends so the boys didn’t seem to mind.

DSC_0354DSC_0363

DSC_0375

We didn’t have too much patience for the actual lavender collecting though. Lincoln didn’t mind clipping the stems and putting them in our basket, but Conan was running around like a crazy person. He does that a lot lately. We left with a bouquet of only 10 lavender stems. Wah wah. Maybe Conan will be more interested next year.

DSC_0390DSC_0407

DSC_0421DSC_0433

IMG_2030

2 comments:

Nikki-Momma said...

I love the picture of Conan on the chair alone looking off. Also, the Green Latern shirt is pretty sweet too!

Lindsey Hicks said...

I love the picture of them on the swing together. This makes me miss having outings and play dates with you guys.