23 October 2008

At the Pumpkin Patch

Last weekend, in between college football games, Jonathan and I made a trip to the pumpkin patch. I had never actually gone to pick pumpkins before and it was so much fun.



There were so many pumpkins to choose from, so it was difficult to decide on one. Finally we each decided and ended up picking much bigger pumpkins than we had intended.




In the end, we ended up with 40 pounds worth of pumpkin. :) We haven't carved them yet, but we will this week and I am excited for the pumpkin seeds. And I found a recipe for pumpkin seed brittle I think I will try....

1 comment:

Thister said...

Glad to see you had fun! I am so lame when it comes to halloween festivities. I'm not going to any parties (because there may be people under 21 there). I'm not dressing up (because I can't think of any good costume ideas, except for Dr. Who). To top it all off, the coup de grĂ¢ce, I do not have a pumpkin (because I'll just end up throwing it away and I have no one to share the carving festivities with).

Anyway, it looks like things are going well for Jonathan and you!

I'm still alive and I am planning on posting on my blog eventually, but I'm still too busy to do that at the moment. Thesis year is simply busier than belief and I do not have time to do much reflection, unless I am out running on my own (because it's easier).

Well, I hope to hear from you soon! Marty says "Hi!", by the way. I told him about you and he seemed excited to hear that you were doing well!